Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Before Steven J. Daniels realized his dream of writing his first novel, he traveled the world working in professional sports, law enforcement, commercial aviation, politics and the entertainment industry. The end result is his own unique perspective, which he utilizes in his writing to enthral and entertain the reader. Though conceived during a U.S. vacation trip, Steven J. is a proud Canadian living in beautiful British Columbia with his wife Jill. If he is not working on his latest story, you can find him walking on the beach, grilling a variety of vegetables and animal body parts or indulging in his favorite pastime of pampering his wife like the Queen of Sheba.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Favorite Comics Vol. 1 - Irwin Barker

Welcome to first installment of "My Favorite Comics".  Each of these blogs will feature my personal comedy favorites ... some with whom I've had the pleasure of sharing a stage and others I only wish I had.

First up is an old friend, Irwin Barker.  We both hail from Winnipeg, Manitoba and started comedy around the same time.  I learned so much about writing intelligent, clean and funny comedy from Irwin.  Also, he was one of the nicest and funniest guys to be with on the road.  Everywhere he went, he brought joy and laughter just by being Irwin.  He couldn't buy a butter tart without cracking up everyone around him.  One of the most hilarious times I remember was being with Irwin in a sex toy store on Robson St. in Vancouver.  I still laugh when I think about it.  Sadly, Irwin passed away in 2010, but I hope and pray his comedy never will.

So here he is "doin' the Fest" in Montreal ... Mr. Irwin Barker!